Thursday, December 10, 2009

baby it's cold outside!

Ok, I am grateful to be alive and able to feel the rush of cold weather we are having....Pollyanna -ish enough??? hahahah Yes, it was 22 dgrees two nights in a row. Extra hay for the horses, Kitties  in their beds and the dog in the house.
The cows have left for their Winter pasture in Tracy. The horses and the dog are feeling frisky in this cold weather. Everybody has a good winter coat, and the humans are bundled up in their  Carhart jackets, lined jeans and long johns....a lovely sight to ponder eh?
Well, last Friday was my birthday, I took the day off from my job in town . In the morning Jenni & Maple, CMor & Pogo, me & Cheyenne took off for a jaunt through the bottom. We went through the woods and crossed the dry river bed into Wilton. There we looked out onto the farmers land for spell and then headed home. A good ride . We rode 'til our butts were sore.
After we said our good bye's, I got cleaned up . Then Farmer Boy, Johnny , Cheryl and I went o see "The Blindside"....better than I thought it would be, but, not as great as people have been saying. Then after the movie we went to "One Speed" a good Pizza restaurant in East Sacramento. A good time was had by all, soup,salad, pizza, wine and beer and dessert. Then we drove around and looked at the Christmas lights.
This weekend we are going with friends to The Palms  in Winters,to see Tom Russell. First we will go to the Buckhorn for dinner , a good meaty dinner .

I love my pony, he is especially fuzzy this time of year.
This picture is from when  Cheyenne first came to live with us. I am so happy that he is part of my life. We have a good connection and he is a good horse. I hope I am a good human.

No comments: