Monday, September 27, 2010

well hello there....

well...it's nice to be me again...or maybe for the first time ever...who knows... oh well, as long as I am here now that is a good thing.

So.... this past weekend, I made some good stuff....
I took the pork that I had previously slowed cooked ( with fire roasted tomatoes and chile's...thanks for the idea  and the produce from your garden Jenni)and shredded it (took all the fat off) and mixed it with some of Rick Bayless' tomitillo salsa. I let that sit for a bit while I took a whole grain corn/white flour tortilla, put one slice of pepper jack cheese on it and then some of the pork filling. Put that on  cookie tray sprayed with Olive oil and put it in the oven at 385 until it bubbled and crisped up a bit...took it out , put some fresh cilantro on top and yum! Served with fresh tomatoes from the garden with a dribble of olive oil and a splash of pomegranete vinegar.
It's going to be hot this week...100 today...oh well, a last blast from Summer to take us into Fall. I have a two week vacation coming soon...

No comments: