Friday, October 23, 2009

back home
















Well, I am back on sweet California home ground. My visit with Mom, sisters and brother was fine and dandy.
My Mom is about to turn 90 and "Looks Marvelous". Yes, Mom is the one with the naturally dark hair. I gues she got the good hair gene! My brother took us to lunch at Red Lobster and Mom's sister and husband , celebrated with us as well.
I was fascinated by the walking tunnel at DTW McNamara annex. Very cool and spacey with the music and lights in sync.
And how can you top going to Meijer's Grocery store!?!? Well, I guess it would be by going on Friday night with your brother or to see a young girl coming of age movie with your sister! Yes, we went to see "Whip It" , the Drew Barymore Roller Derby movie. I loved the message for young girls.....BE YOUR OWN HERO!
The time I spent at home on the Farm was delightful. Cheyenne , Jenni , Ricky (Jenni's horse)and I had some wonderful rides.
Cheyenne was responsive and connected and we had the best time wether riding alone or with friends.
Frisco was REALLY glad to see me and I was glad to see him too.
The barn cats seemed glad to see me too. Emmy Lou is a wonderful sweet kitty who loves to curl up in my lap. I missed my critters while I was away.
Farmer Boy met me at the airport and whisked me away to home sweet home.
Farmer Boy and Roy Boy got some welding done on the fences.woohooo.

1 comment:

Calico_Chris said...

Isn't that hair something else...I've got more gray hair than my 90 yr. old Auntie!
Great blog...enjoyed the read..I wish things have worked out differently and we could have shared some quality time together.
Chris