Monday, December 6, 2010

Happy December 2010

Well, OK oh my it has been awhile since I blogged oh great bloggo....
Let's see on Thanksgiving ( yes it really has been that long)...I started the day by riding with Jenni (Maple), Paula ( Copper), Charlotte (Hannah) and my boy Cheyenne. We walked to the Creek and waded through the highest water we have ever been in...the water was almost up to our stirrups! What a great way to start a Thanksgiving Day!
 Farmer Boy and I went to Wilton for dinner with friends and their family...my pies did not turn out as I had hoped they would. I tried a new recipe for the pie crust...dang...the crust was like Flintstones crust. Enough said...Farmer Boy said he is looking forward to Christmas cookies to (hopefully) wipe out the memory of the pumpkin pies that fell short...ha ha.

I took the Friday before my birthday off ...Jenni and I went shopping at Thriftown! Half off all the clothes and blue tagged items! woohoo we got some good deals. Later that day Farmer Boy and I went to see the movie "Burlesque"...a good movie, just think old style musical with Cher as the motherly Rosalind Russell type. Then (yes ....more) we went to Tres Hermanas restaurant ..I had the chile rellenno and carnitas plate...OK, OK I had two shots of good tequila before eating....makes everything all comfy cozy it does.
On Saturday Farmer Boy and I went to the Crocker Art Museum , and took in some culture. We had lunch there (Hamburgers and French Fries)...and then stopped in Mid-Town . Farmer Boy went to "Swanbergs", a really cool dudes store that sells Hawaiian shirts new and vintage. I went to the store next door...it turned out to be the "Sunlight and Spirit"...a faith and hope shop. I got a refrigerator magnet that says"Namaste...the spirit in me bows to the divine in you"...nice. Also, I got a magnet that reads" you will gain wisdom when you start to live the life that the Creator meant for you" ...a good thought  to think about...an American Indian is the author...I will have to check the name of the person.On  Sunday, Farmer Boy and I went to 7:30 a.m. Mass at St. Joseph's...then to the grocery store...one should never go to the Nuggett grocery store if they haven't eaten! ha-ha! Fact...they have really good bagels there. In the afternoon Jenni and Maple came over and we went for a short ride...better than nothing. It started getting windy and rainy so we stopped, got the horses taken care of  and had 1/1/2 beers! woohoo...too cold to ride but not for beer :)
oh, I put some pumpkin pie spice in my dark french roast coffee grounds before brewing....one word....yummm!
talk to you later. Happy December!

No comments: