Monday, October 3, 2011

Lots has happened!









Wednesday after work we drove to Napa. We checked into our hotel/motel and then went to Downtown Joe's for beer, fried calamari and a good dinner with friends from Woodland. Then off to the Emmylou Harris concert at the Uptown Theatre! I am telling you it was a great evening.She really is a great singer/storyteller...and the band that backed her was in fine fettle. Sometimes when I go see/hear singers I really miss singing and want to run away and join the circus so to speak. At this point ...well... I don't know how many menopausal chanteuses the world is looking for so I guess I will choose to be happy with the life I have made for myself so far...I think I would miss my animals for sure if I was out on the road....and Zane was soooo sad when we were gone just for overnight. 

I had Thursday off and so just sorta gathered my wits about me and my household. Did some cooking and went to bed early.
Friday night, Farmer Boy and I went to the Mondavi Center and saw Ricky Skaggs and Kentucky Thunder....awesome Bluegrass band! Funny, no one was from Kentucky! Ha! It seems like since I have pretty much given up the idea of organized religion, I have been hearing alot of God messages. Different peoples ideas of God. Ricky Skaggs message was that God Is Love. Not that God feels Love ...but ...God Is Love and Love is God...getting to the essence of it all. I like that message.
Emmylou talked about a Catholic Priest who left the priesthood to minister to the homeless in Baltimore....sounds like Love to me.....so on that note I wish you all a Lovely Day!

Saturday I rode Cheyenne , what a  spot of fun in my day. We went down to the farmland/bottom and watched the Farmer/Renter Boy check his tractors and watched the next landowners harvest their safflower for a while. We trotted out so nicely, I just love my Cheyenne the Wonder Horse.

Sunday morning I got up early and drove to Jenni's we loaded Ricky and Nelson in her big trailer , then set off for Shady Oaks in Lodi. There we participated in a Traditional Carriage Drive...a Sunday in the Park. WooHooo! We came in Third! What fun, we presented ourselves to the Judges for Over All Presentation, then off to the grass for a short Driving test...then we went for a 8 kilometer drive...over a bridge and through the duck ponds!!!quack!!! and then a trot through the Cones Course. What a fun and lovely day!

No comments: