Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year

Well, Down on The Farm during my Winter break...I did alot of navel gazing, riding, eating, spending time with friends, spent time with Cheyenne the Wonder Horse and the kitties and Frisco the Wonder Dog.Farmer Boy and I had a pleasant Christmas Day, we went to Mass and then I made home made buttermilk waffles, served  with thick cut bacon from Lockeford Meats ( I bake the bacon on a tray with a rack and the fat falls off...nice and crisp)....real maple syrup and butter. Do I need to say we had a small bit of egg nog while watching a movie (Red Riding Hood...don't bother) that afternoon and dozed off...? Well, yes we did.
New Years Eve Day Jenni came over (we rode 9 days out of 11...can you say..uhuh, well alright how fun is that?) with Maple and Nelson, two of her Hackney Horses. Nelson is Maples' son who has been driven and had recently started being  ridden seriously. Tammy from TNT Horse Training came along and we went down to the bottom for a spin. We saw deer, rode to and through the woods, came across friendly hunters dressed in thier camo best and wild turkeys.We had such a great time. Tammy gave me some tips to help me with my riding and horsewomanship.Thanks Tammy! I have to ask once nicely and if I don't get the correct response well,  I need to make myself clear! That would help in all aspects of my life:) Yes, indeed.

Clarity, Logic and Fun...oh those are My New Years Resolutions.









Jenni riding Nelson....Her Christmas Pony!

No comments: