Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday Morning 11-23-09

Well...this weekend was busy. I got home after work on Friday and Farmer Boy and I headed to Kaiser Permanente in Elk Grove for lung x-rays and super antibiotics. It seems Farmer Boy has a case of walking pneumonia...so lots of rest for him this weekend.
We then went to Chipotle as Farmer Boy had a craving for Mexican food...and  I don't even have to do a thing except tell people what I want and I get it! One of my favorite things.
Saturday morning I cleaned the house, did laundry and kept an eye on Farmer Boy. Later Frisco, Cheyenne and I took a walk to the River. Very nice cool , crisp day for a walk.
Sunday I went to the store and picked up a few groceries for my soup I wanted to make. I roasted a chicken Saturday for dinner ( roast chicken, baked butternut squash and lima beans) and I used the meat  for soup on Sunday.
I made a Mexican type soup. I first fire roasted two Poblano's and one Jalapeno pepper on the stove. After they were done and in the rolled closed brown paper bag, I chopped half of a red onion and a whole cluster of garlic and sauteed that in some olive oil.Then I sliced and chopped pretty finely a carrot and a good sized parsnip and put that in to cook. Can't forget the celery, two stalks celery finely chopped into the pot.Then I put the chicken in the pot. On top of the chicken I put one small can tomatoes with chiles and one half container Michaela's fresh ( hot not mild) salsa. By then the peppers were ready to have the char removed and  seeded and chopped. I left a few seeds from the Jalapeno so it would be good and spicy. I had some left over lima beans and they went in and I added one can Mexi-Corn to the pot for good measure.After that I added one big box of Chicken Stock and left it to cook. After an hour or so I removed the chicken, let it cool and stripped the meat from the bones.I put the meat back and let it cook until we couldn't stand it anymore!
Big Bowls of soup and a good piece of toast...made for a wonderful meal that should help heal Farmer Boy and warm the soul of anyone who eats it.
After that I went and got Cheyenne and we went for a ride around the Farm. He is such a good boy, we jogged and walked and loped. He is feeling good. I believe he likes this cool weather. He is full of vim and vigor and fun. woo hoo, so that was my weekend down on the farm.

No comments: