Thursday, September 10, 2009

all in the day...


Well the filly without a name is 4 months old and got her first shots yesterday...5-way and West Nile. She was a very good girl for the Vet...(Dr T.). She stayed with us and didn't jump or bite or kick. What a fine girl she is.

Well, I forgot to mention the Rattlesnake from Saturday night....there I was walking up to the barn to feed the cats...10:30 p.m.ish and I hear a sizzle a rattle and not quite sure what it is ...I am thinking...snake? bug? Well, I walk past and feed the cats and come back by and shine a little flashlight on it. Well, there it is in all it's glory...rattlesnake deluxe..coiled and sizzling.

I high tail it back to the house and ask Farmer Boy if he is able to come out and kill him a rattler...he grabs his pants and the rifle and by the time we get back....no snake.

Well , that was enough excitement for a saturday night.

Farmer Boy says" why do you see all the snakes this year"? I reminded him that he got to see the mountain lion first this year.

No comments: