Thursday, September 17, 2009

this beautiful morning





This morning as I was standing with the mare and baby while they munched on their grass hay and looked up to the sky I could see a sliver of the moon above where the sun was rising. I was holding Zane Grey as Emmy Lou curled around my leg...the stars were still out and the morning star seemed so bright. It was a moment that made me really appreciate being alive. I felt connected to nature.
Frisco and I went out for a walk, I put fly spray on the girls and boys. Every one semed so calm and content this morning...seemingly knowing that Summer is winding down and Fall is on it's way.
Cheyenne and I had a good ride last night, he is so funny. He wanted to buck a little when I was lunging him with his saddle at the lope. He is feeling good. I am so happy, he sprained his ankle earlier this year and this was our first ride since then. I had forgotten how wonderful it is to connect with him. I am so lucky to have Cheyenne in my life.

No comments: